QuickBooks EDI Solution for Pharma Manufacturers
EDI Requirements for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
Pharmaceutical manufacturers extensively use EDI for processing sales orders and for managing indirect sales through wholesalers. Manufacturers using QuickBooks require a QuickBooks EDI solution to address these different yet related tasks.
Sales order processing relies on EDI 850 Purchase Order, EDI 855 Purchase Order Acknowledgement, 856 Advance Shipping Notice (ASN), EDI 810 Invoice and EDI 812 Credit/Debit Adjustment.
Manufacturers delegating shipping to Third-Party Logistics companies (3PL) may need to support EDI 940 Warehouse Shipping Order and EDI 945 Warehouse Shipping Advice.
Managing indirect sales is based on EDI 844 Product Transfer Account Adjustment (chargebacks), EDI 849 Response to Product Transfer Account Adjustment (chargeback reconciliation), EDI 852 Product Activity Data (Inventory Count), EDI 867 Product Transfer and Resale Report, and EDI 845 Price Authorization Acknowledgement/Status.
QuickBooks accounting software does not support all these requirements. Pharmaceutical manufacturers using QuickBooks had to rely on several third-party tools from different vendors, and incur significant costs and risks of the custom development.
QuickBooks EDI Solution from Relasoft
Relasoft offers a comprehensive QuickBooks EDI Solution for pharmaceutical manufacturers for both sales orders and chargebacks. The solution includes a Transaction Manager, a Chargeback program, and a full EDI support for these activities.
Chargeback program validates and processes chargebacks. Its features are described at https://relasoft.net/chargebacks/.
Quickbooks Integrator provides bi-directional integration with Quickbooks, as described at https://relasoft.net/chargebacks/.
Transaction Manager covers all sales orders processing requirements specific to pharmaceutical manufacturers: reading EDI orders, order-shipment communication with Third-Party Logistics companies (3PL), tracking lots, monitoring licenses of all parties involved, using identifiers unique to healthcare industry, etc.
Relasoft Transaction Manager comes with the following features:
- Automates reading for sales orders coming as EDI 850, or in any format;
- Links order information with QuickBooks and verifies pricing;
- Supports creating Back Orders and cancelled lines;
- Generates EDI 855 Order Acknowledgements;
- Sends sales orders to 3PL and receives shipment files;
- Creates packing lists;
- Generates Advanced Ship Notice (ASN) EDI 856;
- Creates invoices in QuickBooks with a full compliance specific to pharmaceutical industry: lists lot numbers and expiry dates; shows customer, 3PL and manufacturer state licenses, and includes the regulatory wording;
- Sends invoice information as EDI 810;
- Comes with a built-in configuration to interact with AmerisourceBergen, Cardinal Health, McKesson, Kaiser Permanente, Medline Industries, Morris and Dickson CO, and a large number of other wholesalers and distributors;
- No expensive EDI maps are ever required. The software works with any EDI VAN providers.
Transaction Manager as a part of a Complete QuickBooks EDI Solution
Relasoft Pharma Suite helps pharmaceutical manufacturers to do many standard processing tasks: chargebacks, contract admin, government pricing, processing invoices from Medicaid, Coverage Gap and Tricare, various rebates, and many others.
Transaction Manager covers EDI sales order management for manufacturers using Quickbooks.
The QuickBooks EDI Solution from Relasoft covers the whole spectre of all requirements for pharmaceutical manufacturers
Transaction Manager manages sales orders, talks to 3PL and automates all integration between EDI and Quickbooks. Transaction Manager seamlessly handles EDI 850, 855, 856 and 810, reduces time spent on daily sales order processing to minutes, eliminates manual data entry, verifies data accuracy and ensures a full compliance with all government regulations.
Chargeback program does everything that manufacturer needs to validate and to process chargebacks, and fully supports EDI 844, 845, 849, 852 and 867.
If you are looking for a comprehensive QuickBooks EDI solution, call us at 416-783-1027 for a free consultation or a demo.